The following are resources for learning more about Shambhala Buddhism and meditation. This includes both online information and suggested books, audio, and video.
- Shambhala International - information on teachers, meditation, programs, retreat centres, and contemplative arts.
- On-line audio and video teachings of Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche, Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, and Pema Chödrön.
- Video teachings of Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche.
- Shambhala Online - offers live, interactive talks and teachings with senior teachers from across the worldwide Shambhala community.
- Shambhala Media - books, practice materials, audio, and video from Shambhala International.
- Shambhala Publications - books and audio recordings.
- Buddhadharma Magazine: The Practioner's Quarterly - is an in-depth, practice-oriented journal for everyone with a serious interest in Buddhism.
- Shambhala Sun Magazine - authentic teachings from Buddhist and other contemplative traditions, applying the wisdom of meditative practice to life issues, including livelihood, parenting, relationships, politics, social action, and the arts.
- At the Halifax Shambhala Centre, books are available for reference and loan from its library. Please contact the centre for more information.
- At the Halifax Public Libraries, there is a good selection of books on Shambhala, Buddhism, and meditation.
Please also refer to Recommended Links for additional information, including retreats, study programs, and meditation centres.